- $50 for a 4-to-6k long story, $100 for 7k to 10k. I tend to write longer than shorter, so minimum is just a guideline.
- Four to Eight weeks for delivery.
- Original fiction only, fandom rip-offs (serial numbers filed off) possible after discussion.
- M/M (mlm, gay, whatever) only pairings for now.
- I retain publishing rights but you get 3 month minimum exclusivity.
COMMISSIONS BY GLITZY BABYLON
I NEED MONEY…
..so I’m opening up five slots for story commissions. You pay me $100, I write you whatever you want. Into an urban fantasy murder mystery where the detective bones the serial killer? Got ya covered. Want a cyberpunk romcom where the two leads do battle against genetically engineered goblin creatures on the streets of a dystopian city? I’m here for you. Looking for some weird west venture where a lost demon seduces a desert hermit? Sure, let’s go.
I wrote that as a one-off as a pinch-hit for an exchange that I eventually intend to expand upon but haven’t had the time to do so yet. But it’s public, and a way you can see if how I write is a good fit for what you want to read.
I only write original fiction on commission, but knowing what character dynamics, worldbuilding notes, and types of stories that particularly resonate with you help a lot in the creative process. Some of my best on-spec writing has been done after skimming the summaries and tags of the kind of fic the requester had in their ao3 bookmarks, I am not lying here.
Ready to initiate the commission process? Before you hit the button, please have some or all of the items on this list in hand:
- A likes/dislikes list, just like if you were participating in a fandom exchange.
- Some fave pairings and fandoms
- Any tropes you’re especially into and/or want to see in your story.
- If commissioning erotic romance short, then kinks you want to see.
- If you have a particular scenario in mind, have that ready.
- Genre and setting for your story. Space Opera? Steampunk? Mundane fantasy where your Orc OC romances the mage who lives across the hall?
MY BREAD AND BUTTER IS SPECULATIVE FICTION. If you ask for something mundane like a coffee shop AU I likely will reject the commission unless you’re looking for fabulism/urban fantasy and the coffee shop is just a basic setting because, idk, the characters have a caffeine addiction. I’m good at writing old-fashioned violence and horror, but will only write Happy Endings, no “Everyone Dies Horribly” is allowed here.
Anyway, got what you need? Know what you want? Hit the button to go to ko-fi’s commission page and let’s talk!
I WILL NOT WRITE: rape, bestiality, underage, incest, scat/piss kinks, sexual gore and/or vore, futa, outright fanfic (pastiches and blatant rip-offs are fine).
If a cataclysmic life event happens (like my computer explodes?) where I cannot deliver on the commission you will receive a full refund with my apologies. Once the commission is delivered, however, the transaction is complete and there will be no further opportunity for a refund.
HOWEVER if before I deliver on the product your financial situation has changed and you need to cancel the commission, I’ll refund your money and use the unfinished story for my own purposes to try and recoup my lost time. Shit happens, life happens, I get it. No hard feelings.
I reserve the right to publish any and all completed commissions to Patreon once the three month exclusivity period ends. I will ask upon delivery of completed commission if you want your name/nickname associated with the story, if the answer is No I will refer to the commissioner as Anonymous if/when I publish elsewhere.